10 Tidbits about Us
1. We have been married for 35 years. We met our freshman year at college when Mike instructed Karen on how to make the dorm washing machine start (push the quarters into the machine). A pathetic story with a really happy ending.
2. We have two grown daughters who run, too. Amelia is a veterinarian and Hannah is a fashion designer.
3. We ran our first road race in the early 80’s and were amazed that we were actually not too slow.
4. There are two dogs, three cats, and two horses that live at our house. And this is a small number of animals compared to past inventories.
5. Karen was on the first girls’ track team at her high school in Massachusetts. That was a really long time ago!
6. Mike designs sky lights for all kinds of buildings across the country.
7. Karen is a speech-language pathologist for young children and apparently gets to play games all day based on the toys in her office.
8. We estimate that we have run York’s Annual Four on the Fourth about 20 times. It’s a tradition!
9. As much as we love running in new places, sometimes there’s no place like home. We love our daily route.
10. Although we’ve done tons of races where we each run our own race, we now cross the finish line hand in hand.